Most people who wear braces go through some common problems. No toothpaste, florins and brushes can replace a specialist who not only explains how teeth are cleaned first, but also performs the necessary hygiene measures:
- Tartar removal;
- Sealing sealant;
- Enamel treatment;
- Plaque cleaning;
Braces Torrance CA recommends professional tooth cleaning must be performed with laser, ultrasound and chemical solution. At the end of the brushing, the teeth are covered with a special paint that saturates the enamel with fluoride.
These hygiene measures are mandatory for 1 time in 5-6 months. Don’t make them more often, as tooth damping can suffer.
How to brush your teeth with braces
Brushing teeth with braces involves different procedures.
- The first thing to start is the use of a V-shaped brush. Movements with a brush should be effortless, vertically and horizontally. This way the front surface of the tooth enamel is treated.
- The next step after the first procedure is the use of a multi-wire brush that removes the formed plaque around the braces. It is necessary to make this manipulation sweeping movements.
- Subsequently, a brush is used, with rotary movements that clean places with access difficulties, located under the metal arches.
- After performing these procedures, it is necessary to clean the space located between the crowns with dental floss. Only very carefully, so as not to damage the gums. Dental floss cleaning during braces is mandatory, the fillet cleans the remains of food.
- Eventually, when all the necessary manipulations are performed, it is necessary to remove the formed plaque on the inner and chewing surfaces of the crowns with an ordinary toothbrush.
- The final step is the rinsing of the mouth with an antibacterial detergent. It will kill harmful microorganisms and refresh its breath.
How to choose a toothpaste to clean your teeth with braces
Choose only a special toothpaste so that cleaning the Dental Braces can provide these results:
- Ideal cleaning and effective removal of food residues;
- Normalization and restoration of microflora;
- Antimicrobial action;
- Optimal caries protection.
Special toothpastes perfectly protect and strengthen the teeth, which become more susceptible to the influence of external factors during treatment.
After completing the toothpaste cleaning procedure, the mouth should be rinsed with a solution that does not contain alcohol. Do it after every meal.
Daily care for braces, cleaning and dentist tips
You need to learn how to properly treat braces, teeth and mouth, follow any doctor’s recommendations. While brushing your teeth with a special brush, you must first make slow horizontal movements along the arch of the bracket system.
This will help remove food particles stuck in the teeth. During brushing, brush each element of the bracket system separately, all the space surrounding each tooth around the bracket, groove and gums. It is necessary to clean the space under the arch of the bracket system.
The thread helps to manage the space between the teeth. You should clean your teeth and braces after any meal.
Use contrary to a regular or too hard toothbrush. It will damage not only the rubber, but also the integrity of the brace system.
What is prohibited when wearing braces, to avoid damage
When using braces, solid whole foods as well as viscous and sweet foods should be excluded. If you eat raw fruit or vegetables, you need to cut them into small pieces. It is strictly forbidden to bite carrots, apples and other solid foods.
You must forget to eat too hot and cold food. Temperature changes will cause the braces to begin to “discourage”. Eating candy and chewing gum is absolutely prohibited.
As per Dental Braces in Torrance, you can’t brush your teeth with normal toothpaste.
Cleaning buttons is a very important procedure. It depends on the further health of the teeth, gums and the entire oral cavity after removal.
We need to take this process seriously: strictly follow all the recommendations of a dentist and then after removing the braces, you will have a beautiful smile, healthy teeth and gums.