Concrete blocks are one of the most important elements of rational construction. They emerged at the end of the ’70s, as an economical and agile alternative, and for their validity today they are among the most commercialized materials in the field.
Its prominence grew over the years, from being an element used only in precarious or elementary constructions, to the present, where they are part of various projects where design is present. They are even used in high-rise buildings, thanks to improvements in raw materials and their production techniques.
Its main characteristic is that by placing a block on the wall, multiple basic functions are obtained simultaneously: enclosure of the rooms, structure of the dwelling, thick plaster in interiors and exteriors, and surface texture, for example when leaves in sight when placing blocks like stone.
In addition, its use alleviates the budget basically in:
- Reduction in construction times.
- Less demand for labor.
- It requires less amount of mixture to stick blocks (concrete).
- It allows dispensing with thick plaster.
- It allows the application of different finishes (fine plaster or plastic texture).
The hollow structure of its interiors allows the passage of pipes of all services and it is not necessary to break the wall worked. It promotes both the passage of structural irons (beams and columns) and the placement of thermal insulation materials.
Given the mentioned characteristics, they can be applied in:
- Single family homes.
- Buildings in height without independent reinforced concrete structure.
- Shopping centers and hypermarkets.
- Public buildings and industrial buildings.
- Walls of support of floors.
- Swimming pools and cisterns.
- Barriers resistant to fire.
- Enclosures of independent structures and internal partition walls.
- Linear structural elements (beams, lintels and columns).
Of course not all are advantages. Its use requires certain care, to observe when projecting and executing:
- It is difficult to cut on site.
- They should be used in more sunny orientations (North – Northeast).
- Many times they require water-repellent paint to isolate them.
The use of concrete blocks in construction
The concrete blocks are an item that has been used as sustición other materials such as brick or adobe. Currently the use of the concrete block has become very popular due to all the advantages that it represents as well as the low cost it has.
Its use is suitable for buildings not so high, one or two floors, although recently the concrete blocks have begun to be used as a decorative element in the interiors of houses.
As you can see in the previous image, concrete blocks can be used as flowerpots or furniture and give a pretty interesting look to our homes; these styles are undoubtedly a way to give a modern and original touch to our homes.
Would you encourage yourself to have a piece of furniture made of concrete blocks?
But returning to the issue of construction, the use of blocks implies great advantages such as cost reduction, since the blocks offer characteristics that we would not have with other materials, for example: speed, block accuracy, uniformity in their measurements, greater Constructive performance, resistance and durability. Keep in your mind – Choose always best Concrete block machine suppliers.
Where are concrete blocks used?
- Simple or dividing walls
- Exterior walls
- Structural walls
- Homes with both sides seen